Tuesday 13 October 2015



Motherhood

Motherhood is not just a journey for me, nor just a responsibility,
It is a commitment that I take very seriously. And no matter what other people say, I stand firm with my belief that my kid, is first and foremost, my priority in life.

A lot of people question my lack of drive to pursue my career, or a career, for that matter. I always tell them that I decided to be a Mother, instead. Some would say that it is such a waste of intelligence. Others dismissed me and deemed me a dumb. BUT, I care not.

When I look at my daughter, I know I made the right decision. 

For me, motherhood is not just giving birth and raising kids. Motherhood is about a commitment to raise that kid you gave birth to, with good morals, good values and good perspective in life. This is not about second guessing their heirarchy in your priorities in life. They are, and should always be your priority. The rest are just your other obligation.

Every girl, every lady, every woman should never take for granted the power of Motherhood. Anybody could be a parent, but it takes more than a genetic formula to be a mother. It is the tie that binds, the hand that heals, and the heart that forever commits. It is beyond richness, beyond wealth, beyond intelligence.

Motherhood is calling that you submit yourself into. You should not stop in the middle of your journey and say, 'I am not ready for this.' This is that point when you set your kids aside and prioritize something else. It is the point when you losen that tie that binds. And just like that, your kid would second-guess their place in this world.

The power of Motherhood can break or unbreak a  child's psyche. The cord that binds Mother & Child since conception is unbelievably strong, that if you believe in it's strength, you know you and your child is forever connected to one another.

So, careful how you handle youself as a Mother. Because once you are ready when you decide to submit yourself into Motherhood, you know you want to raise a wonderful kid. And no husband, no friend, no neighbour should tell you otherwise. Motherhood is a calling and a decision, solely you, yourself can make. 

I am no perfect Mom, but I know I raised a wonderful kid. I raised her as how I wanted to raise her, right from the day I decided to be a Mom. Because I know at that moment, I am ready!

Salute to all Mothers!

Imagw Courtesy of: http://www.todaysthebestday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/motherhood-is-not-a-hobby.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment